Cebu Notary Public
Notary Public in Capitol Site, Cebu City
Visit the Office for Cebu Notary Public Needs
Notarization is the certification of a legal document before a notary public, establishing its due execution and authenticity.
Lawyers who qualify as notary publics must comply with the 2004 Rules on Notarial Practice in the conduct of notarization.
“It is well-settled that a document acknowledged before a Notary Public is a public document that enjoys the presumption of regularity.” (Ocampo v. Land Bank of the Philippines, 591 SCRA 562, 571, 2009)
Notarization converts a private document into a public document that enjoys the presumption of regularity. To attack the validity of the document in court – to establish that it is fraudulent – requires clear and convincing evidence.
On the other hand, it is easier to attack the validity of private (non-notarized) documents. Make sure to properly notarize documents relating to important transactions.
Documents that should be notarized include the following:
- Deed of Mortgage
- Deed of Sale of Real Property
- Lease Agreements
- Special Power of Attorney (or Secretary’s Certificate, if involving a corporation)
- Power to Administer Property
- Waiver of Hereditary Rights
The Supreme Court earlier this year passed A.M. No. 20-07-04-SC authorizing remote notarization of documents. As long as you are in the same city as the notary public, you can get your documents notarized remotely.
The process is quick and easy:
- Send your document and a copy of your government ID online, or delivered to the office.
- Verification of your identity happens during a scheduled online video call with the notary.
- Retrieve your notarized documents from the notary public via pickup or delivery.
Fill up this form and we will get back to you within 24 hours.